How to Pick Your Own
- Start at the Hillwood Farmgate Cafe
- Collect a punnet (that's what we put berries into) from the counter and pay for your entry into the farm
- Collect as many strawberries that fit your punnet with the lid on. If you want to pick berries other than strawberries, collect another punnet from the cafe for those.
- We appreciate you keeping it fair. Part of the experience of berry picking is to have a berry straight off the vine, but please don't eat multiple berries or fill other containers otherwise you will forfeit anything you've collected.
- Your filled punnet is yours to keep and when you are finished, come back to the cafe for a treat and a browse around our farm fresh produce.
- Entry is free to the cafe and for anyone wanting to watch the picking
- Picking is $10 per kilo of strawberries
- Have fun finding the biggest, ugliest or the rare double-header!
Picking juicy berries deserves a treat! Reward yourself with a stop at the cafe and have some delicious scones with berry jam (of course!), a tea or coffee or any of our other tasty treats. Non-pickers are just as welcome, so put your feet up and enjoy your surroundings.
more than just strawberries
Although we have a LOT of strawberries, we also have
- Raspberries (due mid December)
- Loganberries (call for availability)
- Red Currants (call for availability)
Pricing for other berries is on a per kilo basis.